The following article was compiled by Alyssa Ritchie.
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Here are some useful tips from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Stop.Think.Connect.™ Campaign.
• When in doubt, throw it out. Stop and think before you open attachments or click links in emails.
• Back it up. Make electronic and physical backups.
• Guard your devices. Never leave your laptop or mobile devices unattended in a public place.
• Secure your accounts. Use passwords that are at least eight characters long and a mix of letters, numbers, and characters.
• Report anything suspicious. If you experience unusual problems with your computer or device, report it to your IT department.
For information and useful cybersecurity tips, please visit www.dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect.