Custody, Trading, & Paying Agent Services
Mid Atlantic provides trust and custody solutions for retirement plans and other accounts through Mid Atlantic Trust Company, our state-chartered non-depository trust company. Through its retirement plan channel, the Mid Atlantic organization provides services to more than 75 TPA and record keeping firms. Customers rely on us for trust, custody, paying agent and/or clearing and settlement services for over 55,000 retirement plans and trust accounts.
Mid Atlantic’s web-based trust accounting and custodial system provides real time online access to cash and investment reporting for our plan administrator customers as well as plan sponsors, advisors, auditors, and other interested parties. Furthermore, our comprehensive certified custodial statements and directed trustee services may qualify your plans for limited scope audits.
Trading and Settlement Services for Plan Accounts
Through our extensive relationships with mutual fund families, and as an NSCC self-clearing member, Mid Atlantic offers access to over 20,000 mutual funds. We provide a state-of-the-art trading and reporting system that integrates with your record keeping or trust accounting system for straight-through processing of trades, confirmations, positions, prices and dividends. When doing business with Mid Atlantic, you will have the peace of mind knowing that you are trading with one of the NSCC’s largest mutual fund trade processors. We clear and settle over 1.4 million trades per month on behalf of our administrator, trust and insurance company customers.
We offer turn-key integration for trading and custodial reporting of mutual funds, exchange traded funds, managed accounts, unitized funds, equities, collectives, and self-directed brokerage accounts which includes:
- Competitive self-directed brokerage account options through our clearing arrangements with National Financial Services LLC
- Custodial reporting of SDB accounts held away with any Advent linked brokerage provider
- Sub TA/Service fee collection for over 150 fund families
- 12b-1 collection for fee based plans, enabling rebating
- Automatic electronic delivery of monthly statements to all interested parties
- Online mutual fund and ETF research tool and fact sheets using Morningstar and NSCC fund data points
Our customers also have access to ETFxChange®, Mid Atlantic’s industry leading platform to trade ETFs within retirement plans. Through ETFxChange®, clients can trade iShares®, PowerShares®, ProShares®, WisdomTree®, SPDRs®, Vanguard®, and other products. ETF processing is integrated within our mutual fund trading platform, allowing you to offer an expanded investment lineup to the plans you service without increased operational burden to your firm. LEARN MORE >>
The first platform of its kind, ModelxChange® allows 401(k) professionals to seamlessly incorporate investment models (both third party and proprietary) directly into a retirement plan all through a single, web-based interface. Model management and maintenance is performed by the manager at the global level across all plans and retail accounts, and ModelxChange® enables automatic scheduled rebalancing and the ability to use any combination of mutual funds and ETFs. All of this, while the record keeper only trades a single model security ID for each plan. No more laborious model fund lineup maintenance or messy rebalancing. Mid Atlantic will take care of this for you automatically. LEARN MORE >>
Paying Agent Services
Mid Atlantic offers an extensive line of paying agent services for plans in Mid Atlantic’s custody or held elsewhere. Our services may be the perfect solution for those looking to outsource 1099 production and other related services for balance forward plans or plans held in brokerage accounts. The Mid Atlantic paying agent solution includes:
- Real-time online cash reporting and email notifications of cash activity
- Form 1099-R and 945 remittance, filing, and reporting
- Online access to check images, 1099s, wire and ACH references, and tax reporting
- Daily updates of uncashed checks
- Review and release functionality
Extensive Array of Web Based Tools and Support Technology
In addition to our core custody, trading and paying agent services, Mid Atlantic offers a myriad of tools designed to help you attract and retain clients. Some highlights of these tools are as follows:
- Plan Investment Plus (PIP): Automated plan investment policy statement generation, fund scoring, periodic reports, and policy compliance measurement in a polished package for plan sponsors
- Fully transparent fee and rebate database and search tools
- Fund Research: Fund screening, fund operational data, and on-demand fund and lineup fact sheets.
- LEARN MORE >>
We invite you to explore our retirement plan platform, using the links on this page. You may also contact any member of our sales team for an online demonstration of all of the tools and services available through Mid Atlantic, or to get help with any questions that you have.